Monday, October 11, 2010
I am so surprised, thankful and sincerely HONORED to have been given this award (my first EVER) by the stunning, creative and extremely talented Tina. Make sure you check out her blog here
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person that passed it to you.
2. Copy the award to your blog.
3. Share three things about yourself that you enjoy doing.
4. Pass the award to 5 others.
So first, Tina...Thank you so so very much for my first ever award, you have made my days, weeks and years of scrapbooking so very meaningful :)
My 3 (of equal value) 'shares' are:
1. Scrapbooking,scrapbooking, scrapbooking - yes I have to admit I really am obsessed with this amazing pastime and hobby :)
2. Sharing a distant relationship with my sons and grandshildren. Yes, I have 2 sons, 2 princess grandaughters and a prince grandson all living in NZ, whare is where I originated. (please dont hold that against me LOL)...anyways, I'm usually facebooking, at the post office with goodies for them or occasionally on the phone...but believe me they're on my mind 24/7 coz I love them dearly :)
3. Spending time with my soulmate and best friend, who happens to be my dear husband (dh) Ian (aka Biggles)....our faves are watching TV series and movies, cuddled up in front of the blu-ray OR having breakfast at Jamaica Blue on Saturday or Sunday mornings :) :)
moving on....Trying to pick just 5 was so hard, there are so many awesome, talented and inspiring bloggers out there. I wish I could give one to everyone! so after a night of contemplation these are the 5 ladies that I chosen to pass this award onto:
1.Julie (aka Jules) - an amazing scrapbooker, who has become my friend through scrapbooking, card making and other project inspirations. Jules is one of THE most inspiring paper-artists I know. You should see the most amazing photography on her blog right now!
2.Rachelle Minett from 'Memoirs of a Madhouse Mum', Rachelle runs my 'home away from home' scrapbooking site. Rach is also a MASTER scrapbooker-extraordinaire and friend. One amazing lady who's an absolute inspiration to me, through her beautiful nature, as well as scrapbooking - she's taught me so much, there's no way I could have received this award without her positiveness and encouragement. See Rach's personal blog here
3.Geli, from 'ColourBlast' - an amazing 'peaceful' lady. Geli (prounced Gay-Lee) is an amazing inspiration and I just adore her scrapbooking and talented work. She's a wonderful teacher too and if you ever get a chance to go to one of her scrapbooking classes they are are MUST DO... so you must see Geli's blog
4.Samantha (aka Sam I am) - Sam lives in WA so I have met and become friends with her via 'cyber space' but I love her already! She's a friend from ScrappingOutback and Deb's Creations and we've had some lovely chats and we just seem to gel ...I LOVE Sam's paper art too and I specially love the tutorials she's shared on YouTube...please pop over and meet Sam I am here
5. I wish I could have had MORE awards to share, thie last one was the hardest to choose, however, blogroll for: 2amscrapper (aka Helene) - Helene lives in the USA, so another 'cyber' buddie...actually I'd love to know when Helene sleeps, as she is virtually always 'there' when I am leaving messages on the Pages In Time (PIT)site where I also hang out. Helene has been an incredible inspiration to me in many ways, including the use of acronyms and awards...did you know one of my LO's won Layout of the Week at PIT? Helene was kind enough to let me know and explained how it worked. Helene is also a frequent positive visitor to my blog and leaves me heaps of encouragement. As already advised, Helene's (Lots a Scrap) blog is here...
and that's not all (LOL)...
next Saturday 16th October, Greenbank Scrapbook Shop is hosting a FREE DEMO DAY:
10:00am Denise & Cheree from 'Kutalicious' will be demonstrating techniques with acrylics
11:30am Tracey from 'Scrappy Art' with be demonstrating Loralie Art Stamps
THEN At 1:00pm Tina will be teaching a double page class using Graphic 45 papers called "Back in Time" based on a Jenny Sutherland class I she attended at PrintBlocks. It suits sepia or heritage photos, and the class is $12 plus materials. I'm GOING...why don't YOU too??? you just need to phone the shop and book...please see the site for details here!!!
And now a shout-out for a new challenge blog "Get Picky". They'll be hosting 2 challenges each month and have a fantastic design team. Make sure you join up as a follower.
Posted by Marie Mazz CAIRNS
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... http://mazzarati.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/obsessive-compulsive-disorder.html
Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.