Saturday, November 12, 2011

Light at the end of the Tunnel




This LO was totally inspired by the song “The World’s Greatest” by R Kelly – which happens to be one of the monthly song titles over at Scrap that Song.

Apart from the symbolism of the words of the song (e.g. coming into a great space, after being in a bad one; having God to show hope and light after the dark; the sunshine after the rain) thesephotos were taken on a weekend walk with our friends at the Karangahake gorge historic walkway in New Zealand. Oh and about 4 years before I started scrapbooking :)  I remember it was a spectacular sunny day, not a difficult walk, loads of interesting history along the way and eating at a yummy cafĂ© at the end J  Of course when I remembered the words in the song “I saw the light at the end of the tunnel” I just knew it was time to scrap these J The pps are MME (Quite Contrary collection)

I then thought I’d link this up with this fortnight’s “Can you hear the music?” Challenge over at Southern Girls’ Challenge

I’ve based the LO design on this months fabulous sketch challenge over at Purple Pumpkin and what do you know – that has 3 photos too, so I reckon this is definitely meant to be J
The criteria for this month’s Mad About Scrapping’s RAK challenge on Facebook.  Is to use 3 stamps anywhere on the LO. I’ve used Kaiser flower stamps around the border and the frames around the photos as well as Karen Foster snap stamps for the title letters.

Last but by no means least!!! I’m submitting this LO for Scrapping Outback’s first ever blog challenge. It’s called “own stash” so I’ve used all my own stash and not purchased anything ‘especially for this LO” - of course it was purchased at one time or other LOL – the criteria only being to use “1 or more pieces of chipboard; paint and/or ink” I’ve used Jo Sonia’s paint – having to mix loads of yellow with a little green, on the photos so that I could highlight the tunnel.

Once again I wasn’t able to resist the little Kiwi and the paua shell J Thanks to Geli for the idea of the My2Angels twine around the edges J Other stash I’ve used are: duck pin and covered button (Eye Candy Magic); silver fern, tuatara and owl charms (My2Angels);  chipboard cogs (WOW); inks,  blue owl button (Purple Pumpkin) ;metal flying bird,  Rock Candy crackle (Tim Holtz); Felt tree (Rainbow Splendour); felt sun (Charm’s Creations)

Well that wraps up for another day….I hope you’re having a great weekend xMAzzx






14 comments:

Dolly B said...

Thanks Mazz for aways joining in at Scrap that Song. LOVE the symbolism you have used with your layout, and dont you love it when you know just the perfect pic to use. Love it Mazz, hope your weekends a good one
Cheers
Mary x

Lizzyc said...

hi.. this is fabulous... so much thought has gone into creating this.. well done..

Rachelle said...

Awesome job there Marie - Love how your mind works.....very creative!

Julene Matthews said...

Love this layout Mazz so clever the way you have made those tunnels.We appreciate you joining in an Scrap that song.Keep up the great work!

Annette Edmonds said...

wow Mazz you have so made this song yours for the challenge, layout is fantastic, love the colours and awesome stamping, thanks for playing along with us at Scrap that Song, cheers xo

Chloe said...

Such a fun page Mazz!! Love the tree there - thanks for sharing!! Have a great week :-)

Autumn said...

Fabulous!! Now I have the song in my head too! Thanks for joining us at SG!
xxAutumn

Kim Ewins said...

Love what you have done Mazz...love the colours and very creative...we love how you support us Mazz...over @ Scrap That Song..thanks for playing...x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Well done! This is great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin! :D

bappleicious said...

Love the grunge Mazz - great pics. Thanks for playing @ STS

Unknown said...

great combo of colours and sketch...thanks for playing at PP

Crece said...

love waht you have done. Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the grunginess! Thanks for playing along at STS

Sara said...

Great layout, thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY