Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DREAM

...06 March 1982...
UPDATED....   The photo from my first wedding, taken at Chelsea Suger Refinery, NZ, is of my younger brother (then age 4) and his kindy friend.

 They were just gorgeous, and they remind me of the "Holly Hobby" image - LOL - hence why I just had to create 'rustic', 'magic' and 'mystical' with this month's Purple Pumpkin sketch.

I've used Basic Gray pps [Curio range] and edge punched some of the strips of pp.  The technique is yet another one I learned from Tina at the retreat we attended in January.

 As I didnt have the 'right' colour toadstool [Eye Candy Magic], or buttons [Purple Pumpkin & Spotlight], I splattered them, the K&Co alphas, Bazzill cardstock and other parts of the LO with Tim's Distress Crackle Paint [aged mahogany & picket fence],

 I also misted the pp and the cute green dotty Rainbow Splendour tree as well as a smidgin' of pink 'kinder glitz' for sparkle effect.

 You might even notice the butterfly is covered in InksSentials Crackle Accents medium to coordinate the 'aged' look. 

I am submitting this for ONE challenge...the BOXX fortnightly challenge - use the word first in what ever way you like (FIRST wedding as well as the first letter of Flower, InksSentials Crackle, Rustic, Strips of pp, Tim Holtz)
    I hope you're all having a fabulous Valentine's day, thanks for visiting {hugs'n'hearts}  Mazz

3 comments:

Bettina L. said...

This is a fab LO. Love the choice of colours and how you've used those border punches. The letters, leaves, toadstoll and butterfly look superb. Thanks for playing at Southern Girls and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Can you plz consider turning off word verification? Bettina xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! Love the textures here - this is lovely and artsy! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!

Unknown said...

yes i love the pp and how they tie in with the pic...thanks for playing along at PP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY