Monday, February 20, 2012

"Hay, there's not a cloud in the sky - its as blue as your blue goodbye and I thought it would rain...

...The Day You Went Away"
To be totally honest I have not been able to scrap these photos till now..So, long story shortened, it has taken a very long time for me to 'get over' my younger DS (just 16 at the time) deciding to leave Brisbane for NZ.

I have to admit that although it has taken me a long time, in the long run it has probably worked out well for everyone concerned.


My DS is settled in a job and seems happy with his  now 'independant' life. 


Since this months theme over at SCRAP TAHT SONG is "break up songs", I have plucked up some courage to finally create a LO these photos.

 Inspired by the song "The Day You Went Away"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfqusp7s5o0
 by Wendy Matthews... which I think of and have no trouble singing, specially the chorus lines...every time I think about 'that day'. 


I have based the LO on sketch #119 over at Lets Capture These Sketches (to the right)


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill; pps Authentique; tag, twine and bird charms: My2Angels; punch: EK Success; sad owl button: Eye Candy Magic; chipboard journal cloud: Scrapware; alpha stickers: other from stash: heart pin, wire umbrella, foam tape, alpha stickers, staples.

Thanks so much for visiting, have a great week - {Hearts'n'hugs} Mazz xxx




5 comments:

Annette Edmonds said...

what an emotive page, and omg i would have been a mess for like ages if i was in your shoes, love the bird charm banner and gorgoeus tag, hugs and love Annette

Dolly B said...

Wow Mazz, what a special page. Hope scrapping it has helped, the song fits perfectly. I would be a mess as well at only 16. Gosh I cried for weeks when my middle child went to Uni in another town, let alone another country!
Guess you have a great reason to visit a beautiful country lots now :)
Beautiful layout Mazz
Hugs
Mary x

Kylie gW said...

I love this song Mazz, and your page is wonderful. I'm glad you've finally been able to scrap it. (and that I'm not the only one in the comp this month!)
Kylie

Kim Ewins said...

Gosh! Mazz....like the others said I can feel your emotions in this layout and I know how had it was to say goodbye to my 19 year old when he headed off to Uni- 6 hours drive away...sob!
Lovin' your banner and tags and thanks for joining in over at STS
(((HUGS)))
Kim x

bappleicious said...

Very emotional - what a great song

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY