Monday, March 19, 2012

" Dearest Grandma...

...I miss your smile every day xxx "
 This LO is just one of many that I have of my smiling, loving (late) Grandma, together with myself and my DS#2 in 1992. 

In addition to having the sketch inspiration, there is Journalling Criteria: Finish this line "I miss...".     
 I miss alot about my Grandma especially her smile.  I also miss her garden full of beautiful flowers and fruit - hence the watering can in the cluster (right hand side).  I chose this particular photo because this is how I remember her and how I'd always like to remember her. 
I have included a 'hidden' tag with a few ways I miss having Grandma in my life.  Grandma was like a second mother to me, and my sisters, and she was always 'there' for me - and was an especially good listener when I was going through tough times.
In addition to the sketch challenge I am submitting this for the "random" March challenge over at Scrapping Outback - "must use chipboard on the LO and Yellow is dominate colour, at least 2 colours of ink, 2 or more PP, and string'. 
I challenged myself to use red and blue as my 'other colours', so that I could also enter into the Southern Girls' #40 - colour challenge - Red, Blue and Yellow!
Supplies used:
card stock & pps: Jenni Bowlin; Prima & Kaiser flowers; A2Z chipboard title; TLC crafts handmade butterfly; My2angels rhinestone chain, twine, filigree and distress embossing powder (broken china blue); glimmer mist (turquoise & sun sisters); versa color ink; gel pen; unknown watering can and resin flowers.

I have totally enjoyed this challenge.   I'm very happy to say that I've been commissioned to create a few cards for a friend, so I'll be putting scrapping 'on hold' for a few days :)   Have a great week. hugs'n'hearts  Mazz xxx





12 comments:

Dolly B said...

Gorgeous Mazz, love the little watering can and the meaning it has for you. And well done on the commission for your cards
Hugs
Mary x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout! Thank you for playing along at OUAS! ~gerry~

phamil said...

Oh, I miss my Grandma terribly too! This is a really sweet and pretty page! Thank you for joining our challenge at OUAS!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This is truly a special layout. I'm sure your grandmother would be proud. Thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch.

Louise F NZ said...

Great layout Mazz, love that you have shared your memories of your grandma on such a lovely page. Thanks loads for playing along at SGC.
Lou

Bente Fagerberg said...

Soo pretty. I love the 'generations-photo' too. Lots of sweet details to look at here. Thanks so much for sharing your page with us at OUAS!

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks so much for playing at Once Upon a Sketch!!

* Shell B.* said...

Awesome job on your layout!

Glad you joined us for the Challenge at Southern Girls this week.

Shell~Alaska♥

Jasmine S said...

This is just so beautiful. I love how you have added touches like the watering can as a reminder of your grandma's garden. Such a beautiful tribute to your love for her. Thanks for joining in at Once Upon a Sketch.

Natalie said...

Beautiful Page
Thanks for joining us for the challenge at OUAS!

Georgia Heald said...

Such a beautiful heartfelt layout. Thanks so much for playing along with at OUAS!

Lauren T said...

Great take on the sketch, very moving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY