Sunday, April 29, 2012

Farewell...

I sure hope you weren't thinking anything sad when you saw the title of this post LOL
...Farewell Spit...
Yes the Photo in the LO is Farewell Spit and the Lighthouse..one of the many interesting places we visited in NZ's South Island during our honeymoon in December 2001.
Farewell Spit is at the very tip of the north of the South Island and looks towards Australia :)
I've created this LO from Julie’s Design Team kit at Scrapping Outback.
The kit does have on line step-by-step instructions, but to get paid the "Scrapping Outback" bonus dollars, I decided to create something different, adding some of my own stash as well !!!


So, I decided to try the The Boxx April challenge sketch 
(you'll see its a bit of a quirky one this month!)

Ok, so mine is not nearly as high as the bar set by other entries, but I'm really quite pleased with the way mine came together.

This will most likely be my last post for (at least) April, since I've taken on another couple of (exciting to me ) projects...just for a change LOL - 
Firstly I've joined a group over at the Boxx, and we are our very own scrapbook entitled "all about Moi" (yes YOU too can join, just sign up at the Boxx too -LOL!!! Naturally, I envisage quite a bit of creating, possibly research and searching for photos over the next little while :)
In addition, I've decided to try my hand at 'multi-media' art and have started an 8 week (on-line) course called "Heartistry" being taught by one of my favourite NZ artists/scrapbookers - Louise Williams...
This 'vintage lady' is our first 'prompt', so I'm guessing "watch this space"  LOL !!!
Supplies used in this LO:
Bazzill c/s; The ScrapCake pps (spring and summer at the seaside); Glimmer Mist (crème de chocolat, sun sisters and golden terracotta); Manor House flower; Heidi Grace (bracket) mega mask; My2angels bird charm; Basic Grey (Wilma) alpha (except ‘e’ & ‘S’); Kaiser c/b alpha (2x’e’) and pearl flourish; Rachelle Minette “S”; Versa Magic ink (jumbo java); brown embossing powder (unknown); Helmar adhesives; staples; SEI C/b circles; hat pin; cork; ribbon; lace; mesh.


Have a great week ahead all, hopefully I'll have something to share soon!!  {Hugs'n'hearts} Mazz xxx





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh cool Farewell Spit l/o.Oh you will have a great time doing Louise's class.I commissioned her earlier this month to do a special piece for us and it is awesome.Have fun.

Rachelle said...

Great layout Marie - love the close ups.....we get to see more of the little details!

Ashley Calder said...

Great page!! Love all of the layering and pretty details.

Unknown said...

wow! That is really, really gorgeous!
I love all that texture, I just want to touch everything!
xoxo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is such a great layout! I love the texture - that material looks awesome!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY