Monday, April 23, 2012

Punakaiki...

...{Pancake} Rocks...
This LO of the Punakaiki (aka Pancake) Rockson the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand, was first inspired by the TwiddleyBitz April inspiration challenge...the criteria being to first watch the video (below),  find some inspiration, create a project using that inspiration using TWIDDLEYBITZ:- 
The rocks and beach scenes on the South Australian coast reminded me so much of our wonderful holiday in the South Island of NZ over New Year 2000.
The design of my LO has been based on the awesome Challenge Heaven April sketch – set by Heather Waldron - even though I havent actually submitted the LO - I loved the design :)
 The chipboard pieces I've used are the leaves and the Gecko (called a Tuatara in NZ) are  both TWIDDLEYBITZ  manufactured in Western Australia. 
I've covered the leaves chipboard with Rub'n'Buff to co-ordinate the colours.
Before I added the Tuatara to my LO I thought it looked really cute in our back yard here in Queensland, which is the reason I've popped him onto some rock 'medium':)

 I've had so much fun trying out the new textures on this LO that I've also decided to submit it to
Supplies used:
My Minds Eye (smallest bird) and Basic Grey pps & die cuts (Basics/inventory, Phat Chance and Periphery); Glimmer Mist (Monster Mash and Key Lime Pie); Versa Color inks (old rose and olive); Tim Holtz Distress Powder (vintage photo); clear Utee; Prima Marketing word sticker (true beauty); Bo Bunny alpha combo stickers (et cetera); Matisse  Impasto and "Weipa calcined bauxite" (rock) mediums; Stampin' Up (smaller) bird punch ; A li'l'Somethin' corduroy and denim birds; Helmar adhesives; Plaid Stencil paint (cactus); Amaco Rub'n'buff (antique gold); Lincraft (Elicia) Ruffle yarn.


Again, thank you so much for popping over - I hope you're having a great start to the week...I hope to have more for you tomorrow  {hugs'n'hearts} Mazz xxx

2 comments:

Susan Longman said...

love the use of our Lil Somethin's... great job

Unknown said...

Hi Mazz,I use to hangout at Punakaiki Rocks as my best friends Dads was the DOC ranger there.We use to have great fun as we use to go off the track with Vicki's Dad.You layout is wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY