Sunday, June 23, 2013

Moment...

Well I have to admit I just couldn't get a photo that does this one justice...in this (rare) case IMHO the IRL LO is just so much better than the photo depicts...



Here's a couple of photos showing LO started life as a piece of plain 12x12 chipboard, and before it was finished. 
 

The whole technique was recommended by the talented Sandrine Dawes who is on the DT over at Scrapping Outback. 

Along with the other DT's Sandrine shared her BRILLIANT tute for the


 
Wow! What a fabulous blog hop and STILL some amazing DT artists over at my 'home away from home' at SO...I had fun anyways - hopping round the SO DT blogs :)

 
In addition to Sandrine's tute I've also ‘lifted’ a few hints and inspiration  from her May 2013 DT kit.

 

This now has to be one of my favourite LO's!  I so love all these multi media tools and techniques. 


Supplies used:

 7 dots studio pps; Manor House Creations & Prima flowers; Imaginarium Designs (oval frame) and Twiddleybitz (title); my2angels twine, present charming chain; banner charmsglass cabochons; shabby love charming embellishment; Kaiser rub-on & white paint, , Prima butterfly, Stampendous aged embossing enamel; foam tape; Helmar adhesives; handmade embellishments from Shazz’s swap; Tim Holtz distress ink (Victorian velvet) & distress paint (picket fence); Croco crackling colour (blackberry); Tattered Angels’ glimmer mists (pearl, heirloom gold, coffee shop & Pashmina); Dylusions ink spray (crushed grape & diet cola); Memories mists (plum sake); Adirondack paint dabber (purple twilight);  miscellaneous stash (12x12 chipboard; stencil, ribbon &lace); beautiful photo credit to  Robin Webster
 
  Well that’s all folks!! Cheers to a great week ahead, TFL all, hugs ‘n’ hearts xxx Mazz xxx

 

 

 

8 comments:

Jules said...

WOW STUNNING Mazz Love the colours and your background page is unreal Thanks so much for playing along with us at SO xx

Pearl Maple said...

That is a sweet page Marie and so true that children make us remember to enjoy the precious moments

Dianne H said...

Absolutely stunning Mazz. Love the vibrant colours and all the technique in there. Has a very regal/royal look.

The Scrapping Outback team. said...

Marie - WOW....this is amazing!!! You have used so much chippie and the layout looks brilliant - well done!!!

Dolly B said...

Wow Mazz a rich and regal layout, stunning!
Mary

Sandrine Dawes said...

Oh Wow!!! I thought I had left a comment last night :( Let me say I am very impressed!!!! Wow it is just gorgeous!!! I am still taking in all the details, the fabric, the banner :), and all the glorious chipboard!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for playing along with us at SO! Night night Sandrine xx

Tina Connolly said...

Mazz, this is amazing! Love all the details and layering, you've created a masterpiece!

Lizzy Hill said...

GOsh, you do purple like a princess!! It totally ROCKS ...& the little twine circle looks really great...I see it:):):) NO wonder you're enjoying mixed media.....& I often think it's a shame when the photos just don't show off the LO properly...aaah well......& you're now on my bloglovin list....dunno why you weren't there before....:):):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY