Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cherish


I created this LO for October’s ‘white with a twist’ challenge over at Scrapping Outback.
The challenge is to create a layout inspired by ALL the colours in the field of flowers (above) and you MUST use at least 1 piece of chipboard.

You must use WHITE combined with the colours in the picture. You can use printed paper as long as these colours are the main focus of the paper. There can be other colours on the printed paper, but not too much to take away from the colours in the inspiration picture.
You can use anything to create these colours like mists, inks or paints.

You can use a small amount of black/brown just for a little stamping, inking, journaling or just as a small accessory; however it is NOT to be the main focus of your layout.
You can use as little or a lot of each colour, but every colour or shade of that colour in the picture MUST be used. You can use varied shades of the colours - it depends on the inspiration that you get from the picture.

The photo was taken while celebrating my late Mother-In-Law’s 80th birthday at Valentine’s Buffet Restaurant.  I chose the photo because of the colour of her blouse – she had proudly chosen and bought it for her special day :)
 
My main tip for this LO is that if you don’t have ‘quite the right’ colour in your stash – you can always change it :) :) :)  I’ve used white cardstock and painted it – the base background was too ‘in my face’ to start with so I just lightly wiped some white gesso over it. The Manor house white frame was white and I’ve painted it :)
 SO... here is my full interpretation of the white with a twist challenge:
 
Supplies used:
SO White cardstock
Kaiser template (Lattice)
Kaiser wooden word (cherish)
Words or Whatever (WOW) Alyssa Flourish
Ranger Distress Paint (peeled paint, pickled raspberry and seedless preserves)
Manor House Creations Wood-heart-Mail
Manor House Creations ornate frame (circular) white
Homemade and Prima Marketing flowers
White Rose Ribbon
Green Tara velvet leaves (white)
Spotlight fibre
Adirondack Acrylic Paint dabbers (pink sorbet and citrus)
Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive
my2angels aluminium flower beads (centres of flowers)
my2angels teapot stick pin
http://www.my2angels.net/c/320/my2angels-Charming-Pins.html



Thanks so much for popping over today…until next time xxx hearts ‘n’ hugs Mazz xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY