Monday, August 31, 2015

totally cute...

 
Hi all, I realise it's very late and I think this entry will only just make the time limit, however, I started this LO on the weekend and I was determined to get it finished in time!!!
  I took this photo of a cute little Tasmanian Bettong when on holiday in Tasmania during Christmas 2013. 
  When I saw the August Dusty Attic (DA) inspiration board challenge, with the gorgeous Autumn colours, I jumped at the chance to scrap it - using the beautiful Couture Creations papers along with an EK Success punch, representing the natural rustic feel in the LO.

  I started off by 'experimenting' to see what would happen when I used the Dusty Attic chipboard trellis as a stencil; rubbing over it with glass bead glitter gel with a finger violet Inka-Gold...I thought it just a little too much for my photo so toned down with a dabber of mustard seed distress paint. I then added some shabby muslin coloured with Lindy's Stamp Gang (LSG) Moon shadow Mist.

  To draw attention to of the cute little guy hiding in the pipe, and attempting to represent the dry rustic nature of the enclosure, I snipped around the #DA0821 chipboard, coloured it with Rusty Brown ink and adhered the edging to the photo.

***NB*** Unfortunately the place I buy most of my supplies (Scrapping Outback)  owner and talented Rachelle is having huge issues with the SO website at the moment so I wasn't able to get the links...so if you'd like ANY of the supplies I've used, please contact  Rachelle via Facebook.  TIA.

Supplies:
Dusty Attic chipboard (Marrakesh Trellis small)
Dusty Attic chipboard title (totally cute) Page Pebbles#3

LSG Moon Shadow Mist (Blue-Beard Blue-Violet)
Tim Holtz Distress Paint (mustard seed)
Couture Creations papers (Hearts Ease & Vintage Rose Garden collections)
Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel
Viva Inka-Gold (violet)
StazOn Ink (Rusty Brown)
my2angels square filigree
Washi Tape
...finally... LOL...
here's the WHOLE page...Unfortunately the flash on my camera hasn't really done the whole LO justice, so hopefully I'll get a better one during the daylight tomorrow :)
totally cute
Thanks so much for popping over tonight, I look forward to your return tomorrow (Tuesday 1st September, 1st day of Spring yahoo) with my latest inspiration for Scrapping Outback's White with a twist challenge.   until then hugs 'n' hearts xxx Mazz xxx




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY