Friday, September 9, 2011

Authentique - We are Family


I think I'm in love all over again - with the Authentique Uncommon Collection of papers !!! This collection is so beautiful and versatile that I just couldn't resist buying 2 of each of the papers from Mad About Scrappin' (yes Leanne - 1 at the Harrison's Little Wings Charity crop day and then again (inadvertently) on Facebook LOL)....So here's my first LO, totally inspired by the very first sketch challenge from Authentique.
The photos were taken in March 2011, at the cemetry just after DH's mother's internment - hence the reason for a bit of a 'light heartedness' with Elmo...my DH often wears that T when he thinks he (or someone else) needs cheering up!!! Also, its a Cairns family joke about having photos taken with their hands folded on their laps, so I just had to ensure that part of the photo was still showing !!   In addition to the September challenge at Authentique, I am submitting this for the Blog Hop celebrating the first birthday over at Southern Girls Challenge (All about layering).
Supplies Used: 
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper ("Unique" , "Rare", "Distinct", "Gifted" and "Special" from the Uncommon Collection);
Red Fimo hearts:
Eye Candy Magic (May sale);
Ink: VersaColor(311 Antique);
Alphas: Basic Grey (black); and Bella! (white)
Adhesives: Helmar (Super-Tac glue, 450 Quick dry and 3D Scrap dots)
Edge Punch:  Martha Stewart
Other from my stash: 'family' tag, mesh, tiny black flowers, fabric (Elmo)

Next post, I'm hoping to share my LO for the Scrapping Outback September 5 product challenge. TFL xxx







6 comments:

Sue said...

Fabby LO.

Misty said...

What a story your commemorating with this layout. The Uncommon collection is perfect here-Elmo and all. So great!!

Misty
-Authentique Design Team

Tifany said...

I never imagined Authentique Paper products and Elmo together in one place...but you've done it beautifully! Thanks for sharing the story behind it.

Thanks for playing along in Authentique Paper’s Sketch Challenge!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}

Kazza said...

A lovely LO Marie. A difficult subject to scrap but you have managed it beautifully, especially with your lovely story to go with it. Thanks for joining in our bloghop celebrations. Good luck. Karenx

sue said...

Fantastic LO! Great layering! And I loved reading the story behind the layout!!
Thanks for joining our blog hop at Southern Girls :) Sue

karenw said...

Gorgeous Mazz! The little elmo is so unexpected but makes me smile. Great story behind the photo.

The authentique papers are definitely on my list of most wanted, yum!

Thanks for joining in on our blog hop at southern girls. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY