Sunday, November 28, 2010

1970's

Ah yes those years I do remember : platform shoes, bellbottoms, disco, bright blue eye shadow, long skirts...and I do have 2 Lo's from the 1970's for you today, I decided on this era, due to the challenge on Pages In Time (vintage photos = older than 30 years + new papers). I must admit I had a laugh because I've never been called 'vintage' before LOL!!!
Firstly in "LoNg drivE" I have used the latest Echo Park "boy" collection for the background, the tree is cutalicious and covered with Croco crackling. Ive used Doilies from Scrapping OUtback. The cute owl is handmade by Deb of Deb's Creations, and the cute little bloom button is from American Crafts. The photo was taken during a tea break on a long drive in our tiny Humber 80 car. I've also entered this LO in  the November Sketch Challenge  by Guest Designer Melinda Spinks at Handmade by Suzanne as well as the White with One November Challenge  (yellow & journalling directly onto LO).
Journal reads "Tokoroa Park, circa 1972. Visiting Uncle Ian & cousins in Tokoroa, NZ. I remember the day because we had a very tiring long drive and we had to have our photo taken. That's me in the 'red' age 12.5 and I loved that outfit to bits - it was the trend of the day - flared sleeves and flared trews. Also the jandals on my feet LOL. 7 people in a small humber 80 in 1972 was squashy, so we took a break from the LoNg drivE".  TFL :)




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Second "beach" circa 1972.

That's my mum, 3 sisters , my brother and I (screwed up nose) posing for a photo on the beach, probably Cheltenam on the North Shore in Auckland. we used to go there for Sunday drives...but if anyone can confirm the beach you would be most welcome to correct me LOL  The LO was a class I did with my friend Geli and I just love the design...note the 'peace sign' made out of felt :)  I just love these "bright 1970's" pps and flowers from the Prima Paisley Road collection, I bt from Scrapping Outback within the DT November kit. The circle calendar and jnl tags are stamped with brilliance inks and cutout. oh yes dont mention the machine sewing and please dont expect it again anytime soon LOL.  TFL. happy weekend everyone :)





4 comments:

Sue said...

Smashing LOs. I particularly love all the colours on the second one.

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO's!! Love all the gorgeous embellies on your WW1 page!! Thanks so much for joining in this month :)

Samantha said...

Oh How delsih are these layouts!!! i love all the detail! so much eye candy! MAzz! these are stunners, totally love the close ups too!

2amscrapper said...

Fantastic layouts, Mazz! Thanks for entering the challenge at Pages In Time! Helene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY