Wednesday, April 11, 2012

(driving) home for...

EDITED 18 APRIL - UPDATED WITH HEAPS BETTER PHOTOS :)
...(family) Christmas ...
Wow, what a mission...I've (inadvertently) created three challenges in one LO :)  
 I was motivated to start on this because Tiff over at Scrap Sanity has put up an "Early Bird Special Challenge"  for the "Creative Colour Spectacular" cyber crop this coming weekend - which I'm looking forward to participating in - it will be loads of fun :) 
 Here's the photo that I've taken my colour inspiration from.

I think I've used all the colours in the picture,

I also just had to add crimson/red of the Pohutukawa (NZ Christmas tree) flowers which are so beautiful and in full bloom in New Zealand in December.


The title "driving home for Christmas" was inspired by this month's 'driving songs' theme challenge over at

I have so many driving songs, I didnt know which one to pick, so asked my DH to pick his favourite instead...OMG what did I let myself in for?

"Driving Home for Christmas" is really a beautiful song by a long time favourite Chris Rea.

Anyways, I decided to take up the challenge and use 'non-traditional' Christmas colours AND on the "HOME" theme for April, over at Once Upon a... Sketch.


You will see that I've pretty much stuck to the sketch ( just for a change LOL)
In order to depict (my old) "Home" I've used NZ icons : the Kiwi (flightless bird) and Paua Shell (NZ Abalone) base pp that I found hidden in my stash :)
The Cairns family photo was taken 25 December 2009 -the last Christmas day DH & I spent in NZ-and since it was a "Cairns" challenge I thought this specific photo would be appropriate LOL.
Supplies used:
pps: Personal Expressions,  K& Company; Christmas ribbon and tinsel (blue); twill, Pohutukawa pp unknown; My2Angels bell charm, star flowers and antique bronze filigrees; Zva creations bling; brads, American crafts (black glitter) title alpha; c/b title unknown; Authentique word sticker (family); Martha Stewart edge punch; double sided tape; fabric doily unknown, Tim Holtz Sizzix die; Helmar adhesives, metalic mesh, Kaiser alpha stickers, Versa Colour inks (Pinecone & Split Pea); black Utee, black gel pen.
I do hope you all had a fabulous Easter holiday - as we did here with perfect sunshiny days. 
 Since the time of the original post, I was challenged by Kerri Smith to make some cards for Challenge Heaven...I challenged myself to use 'left over scraps' from this LO and these two are what I've come up with:
Have a great week ahead. Thanks so much for popping over. {hugs'n'hearts} Mazz xxx

9 comments:

Sue said...

Fab LO

Vicky Varvadouka said...

You have done a great detailed work!!Thank you for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Dolly B said...

So clever how you have incorporated everything into the layout. Love the little NZ special embellies. Thanks for joining in at STS and such a cool song, very emotive

Cheers
Mary x

Samantha said...

WOW MAzz! you really have me gob smacked with this layout! how amazing you are with fittina ll these challenges into one layout! Your so darn clever chickie! SO love the colours and the sond is totally perfect for this photo! Love love love it! {HUGS}

Unknown said...

Mazz, you did a fantastic job with the challenge and the sketch! Love the story behind the layout.
Thank you so much for playing with us!
~Gerry~

Irini said...

Wow love that background paper....fab layout....
Thanks so much for playing along with us Once Upon A...Sketch!
hugz
irini

phamil said...

Wow, what awesome texture on this page! Great work! Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge at OUAS!

bappleicious said...

Woo Hoo - 3 in one - you go girl
Love it
Thanks for playing at STS

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY