Friday, May 25, 2012

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss...

... 6th March 1982...
...I've been wanting to create this LO of my "first wedding" for ages.  Naturally, I've tried to analyse this part of my life many times and in the end the only conclusion I can come up with is that "I was a (young) 19yo, in love with the idea of being married, kids and white picket fence - all part of the "journey to being me". The quote I've used is one of my faves, so no more dwelling - only forgiving.
I've taken up the May challenge over at Scrap Sanity   to lift Maria Featon’s amazing LO:-
LO by Maria Featon (click here for close-ups)
As you can see Maria's LO really is 'simply STUNNING. 
I have attempted to keep some of the elements in the LO, including the (home-made with my Spellbinders die cuts) flowers and the gorgeous Twiddleybitz c/b(FRA010 Circle Journal Frame), that I was lucky enough to win from Scrap Sanity during their recent Cyber Crop :)
Incidentally, my Mum recently sent me a piece of the 'original gown' lace she had kept, and I've popped it just under the butterfly.
The current challenge word over at Bird Is The Word is "SMILE" I thought I'd also share my LO over there too.  You should pop over and visit the Bird Is The Word's latest post - the Guest's designs are absoloutley AMAZING!!! Naturally, my friend Sam I Am is a guest designer and I just have to give her EYE CANDY MAGIC a huge shout here too :)


hand made by Mazz with "Spellbinders die cuts"
Supplies:
Sassafras pp (Life is Beautiful – your lovely); Twiddleybitz c/b (FRA010 Circle Journal Frame); Reeves acrylic colour (gold); Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (antique bronze); Prima mask; Ranger liquid pearls (gold pearl); Prima, Petaloo, Kaiser and Sullivan’s flowers, leaves and butterfly; home-made flowers by Mazz; unknown gold alpha stickers (title); lace from the original wedding dress; Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive; My2Angels cream scroll felt heart; vellum; home printer.
Well, thanks so much for popping over today...its really starting to look and feel like 'winter' here in Brisbane...cold, frosty mornings and nights. Now its raining and dark at 10am - lookin' forward to having coffee and home-made muffins with my friend Sammi, might be a good day to 'sort out' my scrap room too friends

Please leave me a message, to let me know you've visited....they honestly put a SMILE on my DIAL

10 comments:

Geli said...

that's gorgeous, I like that you have scrapped this even though it didn't last. Its still a big part of your life and scrap-worthy. I spied the little doily flowers, too. Nice!

Dolly B said...

Beautiful Mazz and love the quote
Cheers
Mary x

Sue said...

Fabby LOs.

Rachael Funnell said...

Hi Mazz!
Your Layout is BEAUTIFUL....
It's good to see that you scrapped this!!! Such a Wonderful Quote...
THANKS for Sharing this with US over @ Bird Is The Word!!!!

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful Mazz, your attention to detail is amazing!!
I love how you have been able to scrap this in such a positive light!
Hugs
xoxo

Samantha said...

Oh Mazz! darling this is ONE stunning alyout! and i have to admit you have used one of my all time fav saying too, in the end there is nothing to do but live and learn and smile to know you have moved on and growing, i have to say you beautiful in the photo! a Blushing bride :} i love how you have used this challenge and the layout is nothing short then truely Inspiring!! I so {heart} you!!! {{HUGS}} MWAH!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

What an inspiring LO, Marie! Love the quote

Kylie gW said...

Love this layout and the Dr Seuss quote!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous layout, I love that Dr Seuss quote!
I love the fact that you have scrapped an event in your life that didnt go the way you planned and that you put a positive spin on it :)

Sandrine Dawes said...

Hi Mazz! Just checking in on you, haven't seen you around SO, hope you are keeping well! Love your layout, I love how you incorporated a bit of the wedding dress on your layout too! Take care {hugs}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY