Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eyes are Windows to the Soul...


This photograph was taken by my DS#1 about 3 years ago when he was trying out his new camera, just after taking a photography course.
This is my DGD#1 (naturally his daughter) and I just love the candid shot of her beautiful eyes (and thoughts?)
I've created this LO for the  NZ Paper Chase Recipe challenge  - the Ingredients are as follows:
1 x Card Stock {check}
2 x Patterned Paper {check}
1 x Punch {leaves, check}
1 x Hand-made Embellishment {pink flower, check}
1 x Photo {check}
Metal {bottle cap, check}
String {check}
Dew Drops or Liquid Pearls {pink dew drops, check}
1 Doilie {crocheted, check} 
I also created this LO for the Purple Pumpkin May sketch challenge: I've used an adorable Purple Pumpkin (pink) vintage doll button, that came with one of the recent (to die for) PP KITS.
and the Scrapping Outback May “White with a twist” challenge 
 May's colours are : brown, khaki and pale pink

Supplies:
Bazzill Cardstock (White); Making Memories (khaki & brown flocked), Fancy Pants (wishful thinking), Tim Holtz and MME (Tiny Dancer “Chasse” Graceful circles) pps; Scrap FX Wordlets “Eyes are Windows to the Soul” c/b; Purple Pumpkin vintage girl button; EK success edge punch; Versa Magic (Jumbo Java) and Versa Colour ink (olive and old rose); pale pink flower handmade by SamIam over at Eye Candy Magic; Doily crocheted by Mazz; Kaiser dew drops; Helmar adhesives; My2Angels pink pin; Other: embossing powder; string; metal bottle cap, wool and staples.

Thanks so much for popping over, this now has to be one of my fave LO's I really love this combination of colours.  I'm working on another LO to share shortly - monocromatic - which I'm finding challenging, but rewarding.  I hope you're all having a great week of sunshine {hugs} Mazz xxx

6 comments:

Chloe said...

Gorgeous page, and a stunning pic!! Love these colours together :-)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

The look in her eyes is really something! I love how you combined the lovely colors and embellies! Great take on the sketch too!Thanks for playing along at PP!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is beautiful! Great work!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin! :D

Sarah said...

Adorable - The PP button looks perfect on this page! Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous photo...like the background pp...thanks for playing along at PP

Gwen Wruck said...

Ohh, what a fab page. Great photo and love what you have done with the Purple Pumpkin kit. Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY